What is a vehicle use policy?
A vehicle use policy, also known as an ‘employee use of company vehicle agreement’, is a document detailing the regulations an employee must follow when using a company vehicle. The policy should cover the employer’s responsibilities, including vehicle maintenance, upkeep, and insurance.
Time to download – handle compliance with ease, every time
Creating a set of policies and procedures is one of the most time-consuming aspects of the HR function. Is the policy and procedure correct? Does it comply with a maze of law and compliance? Has an important clause been missed? Do employees know about it, and have they acknowledged it!
The good news is that Worknice has surfaced a range of downloadable sample policy and procedures for you to use – Created by Source HR.
Get the policy via email
Need more than a sample vehicle use policy?
Free samples are good, but they don’t harness the power of modern HR technology like Worknice. For instance, Worknice eliminates the stress of compliance by reducing manual admin and streamlining process.
Ditch the paper and pdf forms
These document, plus 100’s more, are available and ready as smart docs for you to edit and deploy digitally to new hires and existing employees. Track signature acceptance, automatically follow up non-compliance and more!
|Written by experts|
|Employee self service||–|
Why is free vehicle use policy sample worth downloading?
Worknice content partners have helped create a comprehensive library of sample templates, policies and contracts.
Our content partners are made up of HR consultants, lawyers, experts and professionals. As a result, they pride themselves on offering quality resources that are freely accessible to the public.
This particular sample vehicle use policy is a reproduction of a digital ‘smart document’ that is available as part of the Worknice document management solution.
Why are we giving it away for free?
Worknice is a software platform that helps you focus your time and energy on people, rather than process. This downloadable template is a pdf or editable document. So while the content is great, it does not come to life with technology features like automations, workflows, auto-updates, electronic sign-offs, integration and more.
Things to include in a vehicle use policy
Here are seven things every company vehicle policy should include:
- Firstly, define Company Responsibilities
- Define Who May Drive The Vehicle
- Set The Employee Requirements And Responsibilities
- Define The Limitations Of Use
- Set Guidelines For Accidents, Stolen Vehicles, Or Penalties And Fines
- Set Guidelines For Breach Of Policy
- Finally, discuss Guidelines For Returning The Vehicle
Ditch the PDFs! Manage your vehicle use policy in Worknice
Sure you can download these sample policies, but wouldn’t you prefer to set them up once, do it right, and layer on process so you don’t have to worry about it again? Get Worknice!
Streamline your HR admin from anywhere
- E-signature – Send contracts, offers, and documentation for review and sign off.
- Automate the day one set up – trigger actions upon contract sign-off
- Smart docs – add in dynamic fields so there is no manual data input for information like [first name] or [position]
Engage your team, even when they are apart
- 100% convenience – Mobile-first, amazing UI, and everything new and existing hires need in the one spot.
Keep on top of a changing compliance landscape
- Smart, compliant contracts, policies and templates out of the box – choose from a pre-populated library or create something new.
- Automated tasks – ensure compliance activities get done.
Stay in the loop
Don’t miss out! Join our large community of HR professionals and business owners. By keeping in the loop, we will send you every new downloadable template and editorial the moment we create them.