What is an employment contract?
An Employment Contract is a legal document used to establish the rights, responsibilities, and obligations of a working relationship between an employer and an employee.
Time to download – and handle compliance with ease, everytime
Creating an employment contract for new hires is one of the most time-consuming aspects of the HR function. Is it the right employee contract? Does it comply with a maze of law and compliance? Has an important clause been missed? Errr!
The good news is that Worknice has surfaced a range of downloadable sample employment contracts for you to use – Created by Source HR.
Download contracts now
Need more than a free employment contract template?
Templates a good, but they don’t harness the power of modern HR technology like Worknice. Worknice eliminates the stress of compliance by reducing manual admin and streamlining process.
Ditch the paper and pdf forms, email chains, and the hours of admin time with Worknice.
These document, plus 100’s more, are available and ready as smart docs for you to edit and deploy digitally to new hires and existing employees. Track signature acceptance, automatically follow up non-compliance and more!
What types of sample employment contracts are available to download?
Sample employment contracts for large employers and senior employees
There are three employment contracts to pick from:
- Full Time/ Part-Time Employment contract for large employers or senior employees
- Fixed term Employment contract for large employers or senior employees
- Casual Employment contract for large employers or senior employees
Sample employment contracts for small and medium size businesses
There are three employment contracts to pick from:
- Full Time/ Part-Time Employment contract for small and medium size businesses
- Fixed term Employment contract for small and medium size businesses
- Casual Employment contract for small and medium size businesses
1-page employment contracts
There are two employment contracts to pick from:
- Full Time/ Part-Time / fixed term 1-page employment contract
- Casual 1-page employment contract
So what are you waiting for? Download the sample employment contract form you need, and let’s move on to some of the entitlements you will need to consider before it can be used.
Decide on employment contract entitlements:
Next step – add in your employment contract entitlements! The changes that are made will be based on whether the employment contract is full-time, part-time or casual. Common employment contract entitlements include:
- hours of work
- shift penalties
- leave entitlements and
- notice of termination.
Time to craft your letter of engagement
Creating a letter of engagement is time-consuming at best. For this reason, starting from a template is a great way to save time creating letters of engagement.
Your letter of engagement must address all the criteria listed above. Your new hire must be aware of all the entitlements in their employment contract before they can accept the offer.
The Fair Work Australia template library is a great place to start.
You can create a template that is unique for each type of employment contract, or each function of your business.
Common things to add to a letter of engagement
- the letterhead
- position title
- employer name
- award name
- enterprise agreement name
- hourly rate
- weekly/fortnightly/monthly income
- your contact name
- your phone number
Sample table of contents from our employment contract templates
- Employment details
- Start date
- Probationary period
- Your position
- Reporting line
- Hours of work
- Base salary
- Place of work
- Repayment of amounts owed
- Performance review
- Working for the Employer
- Taking leave
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Workplace policies
- Health and safety
- Medical examinations
- Login details and password
- Monitoring use of information technology
- Personal information
- Protecting the business of the Employer and Group Companies
- Books and records
- Protecting intellectual property
- Termination of your employment
- Return of property and confidential information
- Post-employment restrictions
- Repayment of amounts owed on termination
- Warranties by you to the Employer
- Limitation on claims for damages
- Group Companies
- Entire agreement
- Changes to your employment and this agreement
- Applicable law
- Fair Work Information Statement
Ditch the PDFs! Manage your employment contract templates in Worknice
Sure you can download these templates, but wouldn’t you prefer to set them up once, do it right, and layer on process so you don’t have to worry about it again? Get Worknice!
Streamline the onboarding process
- E-signature – Send contracts, offers, and documentation for review and sign off.
- Automate the day one set up – trigger actions upon contract sign-off
- Smart docs – add in dynamic fields so there is no manual data input for information like [first name] or [position]
Create an exceptional first impression to new starters
- 100% convenience – Mobile-first, amazing UI, and everything new hires need in the one spot.
Ensure compliance with our smart form library
- Smart, compliant contracts out of the box – choose from a pre-populated library or create something new.
- Automated tasks – ensure compliance activities get done.